Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mr. Wing is the old Chinese man who kept Gizmo in his store until Randall Peltzer managed to buy the Mogwai when Mr. Wing's grandson gave it to him so that he could get 200 dollars from Peltzer because that Wing needs the money, indicating that Mr. Wing and his grandson are poor. He first appeared in Gremlins.
Later, Gizmo was returned to the store by Wing and was kept there until the old man died. He died just six weeks after the beginning of Gremlins 2: The New Batch. He believed television is an invention for fools, and turned off the TV that Gizmo was watching after it had been given to him as a gift by billionaire Daniel Clamp, whom had approached him with an offer to give him a small shop in his yet-to-be built shopping mall, which was going to be built where Wing's store was located.
Six weeks later, Mr. Wing passed away, leaving Gizmo sad and alone and allowing Clamp's mall construction project to move forward. Before he died, Mr. Wing opened Gizmo's cage allowing him to be free.
- He is the only character to appear in both films and die in the second film.
- He was portrayed by the late, great Keye Luke. When Keye Luke realized that his character will die in the second film, he said, "Remember, in Gremlins 3, I'm a flashback!"
- He wasn't named in the first film and was only called "Grandfather". However, his name as Mr. Wing was revealed in the second film.
- Gizmo was wearing a red and black wristband on his arm between after the first film and the start of the second film until Mohawk ripped it off. It is most likely Mr. Wing who put the red wristband on Gizmo's arm.
- He regularly keeps Gizmo locked in a cage. However, after he died, Gizmo is seen with the cage doors open, possibly meaning he let Gizmo free before dying.
- Mr. Wing makes an appearance in Gremlins 2: The New Batch (video game), where he aids the player with four different items, at the price of crystal balls, one or two crystal orbs that are released and collectible after defeating a stage enemy. Gizmo is a customer to Mr. Wing in the video game, while in the movies, he is a non-purchasable creature who lives in Mr. Wing's store.
- Balloon - Saves Gizmo from falling down a pit (for one use).
- Life - Completely refills Gizmo's life energy.
- Heart - Completely refills Gizmo's life energy and grants him an extra hit.
- Gizmo Clone - Grants an extra life after death. (Basically grants him 3 extra hits.)
- Power Pak - Powers up Gizmo's current weapon:
- Tomato - Can't be powered up.
- Match - Gizmos tosses out two more shots to his left and right.
- Paperclip - Gizmo throws two more paperclips to his diagonal left and right.
- Bow and Arrow - Gizmo fires four extra arrows, two to his diagonal left and right.
- Bow and Fire-Headed Arrow - The flaming pencil explodes in a 5-shot spiral.