"Don't be afraid of how you feel....!"
- Greta kissing Forster.
Greta was one of the many gremlins that invaded the Clamp Center building and she was also the first female gremlin. She is technically harmless, but her affinity for some men is quite troublesome. Greta is in love with Forster and has a bit of a dislike for George. She is also the sole surviving gremlin after all of her fellow gremlins are killed.
She was originally asexual like all other gremlins, until it drank a serum that changed its gender with makeup added, red lips and claws, and also long green hair. She often brutally attacks other gremlins when they try to hit on her. She immediately became lovestruck for Clamp Center employee Forster, clinging on to him and forcibly kissing him repeatedly, leaving smooch marks all over his face. She later appears in a dress during the gremlin musical number in the building's lobby. She then reappears at the very end of the film in a wedding dress, apparently preparing to marry Forster in one of the Clamp Centre bathrooms. She is the only gremlin shown to have survived; her fate afterwards is unknown.
Forster is initially disgusted by the monstrous Greta, but by the end of the film—when Greta is in her wedding dress and throws him a bouquet of flowers—he gives in to her advances, and shrugs in defeat.
Behind the scenesEdit
- A deleted scene depicting George and Greta's meeting exists. George shoves an grapefruit in Greta's mouth, causing Greta to spit it out and slap George across the face (with accompanying bongo sound effects). This is included as an additional scene amongst the special features on the film's DVD release.
- She appears in the Gremlins 2 game for the Game Boy and is a boss in Stripe vs. Gizmo.
- She may be the incarnation of the Deagle Gremlin.
- Her survivial might create the story for Gremlins 3.
- Greta is loosely based on the legendary actress named Greta Garbo (1905-1990).
- Not to be confused with a same name of the character from "Dragon Tales" (1999-2005) episode "Let's Dance".