It is described by Kate Peltzer as being the largest "smart building" in North America with the latest in security, communications, and climate control. It is also only one part of Daniel Clamp's worldwide business network, which includes construction, sports, finance, and a very popular line of jams and jellies. The Clamp Cable Network is located in the building as well. It is a major tourist attraction, possibly one of the largest in the United States. The building also sells copies of Mr. Clamp's bestselling book, I Took Manhattan, at their newsstand for $19.95. Business normally thrived, but it lost much of its business and almost the building itself when it was savagely overrun by a large amount of malicious and evil little creatures known as Gremlins.
The Clamp Premiere Regency Trade Center and Retail Concourse, commonly referred to as the Clamp Center is a major building in New York City that is owned by the eccentric billionaire Daniel Clamp. It is the location of nearly every scene in Gremlins 2: The New Batch.
The chaos was soon stopped, however, by Billy Peltzer, Marla Bloodstone, Kate Peltzer, Murray Futterman, Daniel Clamp, and Gizmo the Mogwai. It's currently unknown if the building was demolished or repaired following the gremlin attack.
- Daniel Clamp (owner)
- Forster (head of security)
- Billy Peltzer (publicity artist)
- Marla Bloodstone (head of publicity)
- Kate Peltzer (tour guide)
- Doreen (tour guide)
- Grandpa Fred (horror show host, later CCN news anchor)
- Marge (chef, presenter of Microwave With Marge)
- Forster's technicians
- Doctor Catheter (evil scientist who works in Splice O' Life)
- Peggy (Splice O' Life receptionist)
- Martin and Lewis (assistants to Dr. Catheter)
- Wally (scientist who works for Doctor Catheter)
- Casper (scientist)
- Clamp Center Janitor
- Clamp Center Security Guard
- Daniel Clamp's Secretary
- Secretary Gremlin (secretary for Mr. Clamp for an incredibly brief time after killing Clamp's real secretary)